Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

2/24/10

My weekend project - "Inspiration Station."  
This is a desk/hutch i picked up last year...from a sidewalk ;).
Oh, how I love a good find....saved it for a "rainy day."

 
And the rainy day came!  Mod podge in hand and several hours to spare ...voila! my new "inspiration station."   I needed another little workspace and this turned out just fine. The pages that are decoupaged are from a 1941 Oxford Companion to American Literature. I love the text and the aged paper! Found it at my favorite old musty book store. The photos are repro's of Hollywood actresses from the late 1800's to mid 1940's that I printed. Look closely and you'll see a small bottle in front of the music sheet to the right on the shelf - courtesy of Sammy (he found this old medicinal bottle, intact and perfectly frosted, on one of our seaglass hunts). Going for a vintage/antique/shabby chic look here...another glimpse of my design side. I love all styles - modern, contemporary, to traditional...but I get to be a bit more girly-girl with my vintage shabby chic. 

  
 
 The photograph in the frame is an actual music sheet (Sweet Sue Just You) I bought at another antique store, and it's Sue Carol, an American actress/singer born in 1906. The music sheet is c1928. The books on the shelf are also antiques. The smallest one entitled "The Seven Little Sisters who Live on the Round Ball that Floats in the Air" - I love that title!!! (classics for home and school), by Jane Andrews, copyright 1887. Another one is titled "Monsieur Beaucaire" by Booth Tarkington, copyright 1900. The plates are antiques - Devon Ware Fieldings, Stoke-on-Trent, British Scenes series, made in England, c1913+. The toile-ish scene goes great with the old paper. And the lovely jewelry holder, courtesy of a gorgeous friend! ;)

 

Happy life to you....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...