View Painted Fox

10/28/10






Chosen by Better Homes and Gardens!



Your Best Photos: 

Christmas Decorations, 2009

from Better Homes and Gardens, www.BHG.com


White village display

Christmas Displays

Why we picked this: Pairing white lights with sprayed-on faux snow gives this display a frosty-yet-friendly charm. And the miniature village looks right at home in front of the old-fashioned window frame with mirror inserts.


Better Homes and Gardens 

How exciting! Better Homes and Gardens selected one of my pics (above) of a Christmas vignette in my home as one of their favorites last year. I just found out! A tad late, nevertheless thrilled!  I am looking forward to entering some of my holiday decor this year....I've got new things up my sleeve for the coming holiday season!


What's really great about my display is that I used mostly items I had around the house. The birdhouses I collected over the years. The window was a GREAT sidewalk find - I rescued it approximately 20 years ago from a very old building in my hometown, Philly - it's over 100 years old. 
My top goal when decorating is to do so frugally - on a minuscule budget. :) I'm certain I spent under $20 on my winter wonderland of birdhouses. Woohoo!
More Photos in Neida's Foyer Winter Wonderland
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...