Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

5/15/11

I'm so excited! Next Saturday, May 21st, my daughter Cynthia will be going to her Senior Prom. It really is hard to believe that time is here; 
she was a toddler just yesterday. 
No, really...she was.

Okay...so, her gown is absolutely gorgeous in a soft pink blush with sequins and rhinestones clustered in the bodice, sweetheart cut with a simple train. She will look incredibly stunning.

The theme of the prom is a Masquerade...and how perfect that we could not find a mask that matched her gown - it quickly turned into an opportunity for me to get in creative mode.  I made her mask - and she loves it~!

Here are some pics of "making masquerade."


I started off with a plain white hard plastic mask and covered it with white iridescent glitter and some silver shimmery trim.

I had a perfect embellishment for the center of the mask - straight from my eclectic 
supply of jewelry findings.


I saved the remnants from Cynthia's gown so I could make a fabric flower.

The flower turned out beautifully...

Some silver chain to dangle on the side of the mask, with blush colored glass briolettes and 
swarovski crystals.


The best feather "poof" I could find....and ta-da!
Gorgeous and ready for a fun masquerade.

{live each moment to the fullest with your children! xoxo, Nei}

2 comments:

ANETTESHUS.COM said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

xo
Anette:)

Neida said...

Thanks, Anette! I really enjoyed making it. :)

Wishing you a fabulous week!

Neida

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...