View Painted Fox

12/12/11



I think I'm done with my Christmas decorating...I think. 

Here are some views of "halls" decked in my home.  

The antique chairs below were sidewalk finds over the summer.  The shutters were also a sidewalk find...these are pretty old and a fabulously sturdy wood. I added the pulls for a bit more character versus the knobs it originally had.  I've used shutters as decorative pieces in my daughter's room, but I've seen images on Pinterest with endless ideas for re-use of old shutters. Hanging frames on shutters was the idea I loved most. I used some old frames and some new inexpensive frames and spray painted them black, then added a decorative paper and a simple ribbon.  


I love that I can walk into my backyard and clip pine branches from trees for Christmas decorating.


The trio of golden trees with glittery birds atop are a craft project from last Christmas. These trees
are covered with old embossed wallpaper and a coating of antique gold paint.


Each frame has a small metal embellishment that contain the words faith, spirit, miracle, and hope...words that encompass what Christmas is all about. 






I made the wreath using grapevine and some boxwood from my backyard. The bow was made with leftover burlap ribbon from last Christmas. 


My tree! Decorated with ornaments that date back to 1954, I like to keep an antique/vintage look on my tree. This year, I placed the tree on top of a large old wooden box.  Surrounding the tree on the bottom are more vintage items like an old pair of metal skates, books that date back to the late 1800's, an antique flute in its original case (gifted by my son and daughter-in-law), an old suitcase, a vintage-styled washboard and more...



Some natural pine garland on the fireplace with berries and small pine cones...



I love the old wooden fence in my work room. It hangs on the wall.  I like to keep a rustic, shabby, white theme in this room. My little rocking horse from Christmases past fit perfectly into the center of the grapevine wreath.


I've enjoyed the teddy bears below for approximately 16 years now...and they sit perfectly on my little white ladder. I found that bag at the dollar store! Isn't it fab?


A rustic theme continues in my foyer with my favorite Santa.  The 1920's typewriter contains a note from Santa ;). A glow in the little lantern and some natural pine garland with branches...


A sled...always a perfect touch at the front door.


A simple wreath on the mirror...always a pretty touch.

Home baked cookies from some friends and a book of one of my favorite Christmas movies...


The dining room...still needs a bit more on the china cabinet and a touch of garland and greens on the table with the place settings, and perhaps some greenery on the chandelier...getting there.



Made this little "fruit" tree for the kitchen. 
All of the materials were from recycled ornaments/decorations and an old basket.


{Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas! Make the Yuletide gay! xoxo, Nei}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...