Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

6/17/12


I've had this bench for about 16 years now. I inherited it with a 1940's Singer sewing machine from a former boss who was a vascular surgeon in the city of Philadelphia. It was a blessing to work for him and he knew my interest for all things old. I was thankful he gave this to me and vowed never to part with it.  It was time for it to come "back to life."


I lifted off the seat cushion and went to work. I always keep a stash of spray paint, and for this project, I used a low gloss black.  It took a mere 7 minutes to spray.


 I love this fabric and have played with it in several vignettes. I think this is where it'll stay.  The cushion was very simple to cover. I left the original vinyl on the cushion, and laid the fabric over it and stapled with a staple gun.

Whaddaya think?

I think I might go back and grab a bit of sandpaper and roughen up the edges for a more aged and worn look.


 Here it is in my foyer.




Take time to breathe some life into something, or someone! xoxo, Nei

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...