Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

9/28/14

I had the pleasure of hosting my niece's Roaring 20's bridal shower in my home on August 16, 2014.  I was super excited about decorating for this party and amazingly lucky to find all the items that were perfectly suitable for the theme. 

I found the 1920s fan in the pic below in a rusty, worn state.  Paid $7.50 for it! It weighs about 20lbs.  With a bit of elbow grease and some black Rustoleum paint and golden metallic paint to refinish the blades, I ended up with a gorgeous piece.  


Most of the guests arrived in Roaring 20's garb...this "flapper" girl was gorgeous!

I paid $5 for this antique item at a thrift store. I loaded it with pictures of my niece and her fiancee.  

I made all of the floral arrangements and dressed them with pearls and touches of white feathers.

My patio umbrella all dressed up! Why not? I always say use what you have when hosting a party.
I covered the umbrella with tulle and made giant crepe paper flowers to cover the top.

My antique golden picture frames worked out great for this event!


I used my milk glass collection throughout. The small gold-based lamps 
were another thrift store find --$5 for two! 





My dessert table before the desserts came out...



How perfectly dressed are they?!


This 1920s dresser below was another----yes, thrift store find!
It is a beautiful piece. Cost? $40.  Can you believe it???
I stained it a bit darker for this event, but will be painting
it another color soon...perhaps for the holidays. :)





The photo wall...



My handsome nephew and his fiancee.  


Roaring Beauties!


1920s perfection...down to the shoes!


The woman of the hour....the bride-to-be, Leslie.






Glitz and glam throughout...




{Take some time to celebrate someone! xoxo, Nei}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...