Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

3/4/15

Genevieve Chair Re-Do

Hi! Thrift-o-holic, here and I'm showing off a chair re-do. I'm super excited about this find. The good Lord must be lookin' out for moi!  I paid a simple $25 bucks for this beauty ( not including the fabric in the "beauty" part).  The chair had great bones and lovely lines so I had to rescue her.

Norwalk Furniture made this chair, and it lived with someone since the '80s. I've done some research and have seen it vary in price from $800-$2,000+ with the ottoman.  I wanted to darken the wood and switch up on the tired and outdated fabric...so to work I went.


Here she is all done up! I had some leftover fabric from a previous re-do, so I used it for the trendy pillow.  It took me two evenings to do the upholstery. I used a casual ribbed light tan fabric and tightly woven twine piping to keep with the casual look.  I had seen something similar during one of my visits to Restoration Hardware.  The cushion on the chair was still incomplete in this picture...but it will pretty much look like this. Can you say "In love?!"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...