Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

5/21/15

A "Very Vintage Alice in Wonderland Tea Party"


Styled Bridal Shower by Fari Designs
I had so much fun styling this bridal shower for my sweet friend Juliana. My collection of antique and vintage rose-patterned dishes - which included gorgeous teapots, teacups and saucers - meshed perfectly with the decor. A forecast of showers forced the event to be moved indoors, but that certainly didn't damper anyone's spirit!  The party, held in my home, was truly a wonderland filled with "oohs' and "aahs"!  Take a peek...


This sweet white wicker shelf was an amazing find at just $10 bucks!
It showed off my vintage teapots and such, just perfectly!
 

Some golden foil over Hershey bars, and my custom "thank you" labels made for some shabbylicious party favors.  The little white candle holder to the left was only .25¢. In its former life, it was a dull brass color; I spray-painted it a glossy white and added glass crystals from the 1950's.

Some of these candy dishes I found at a "grab and go" house clearing - yes, FREE!
How sweet is that shabby blue teapot?

Bunnies throughout...a must for an Alice in Wonderland theme...

A two-tiered candy dish I made...along with the charming cupcake flags.



Rice paper...fun to work with! I made these flowers for the cake and used a metallic pink edible paint for the perfect finish.

The "card" vignette... 




I was excited to find this metal dress form. It was originally black...yes, I spray painted it white. :)
A beautiful bow dressed up the back of my little 10 minute tulle gown. 

The vignette in my foyer, complete with a "you're terribly late" sign on the mirror!

I love how the "drink me" straws turned out...I found the little pink rosettes at Michael's. 



 This picture really does no justice to how beautiful the dessert table turned out.

A handsome pastel-colored "Mad Hatter" on a vintage mirrored tray...


My rice paper flowers on a deeeelicious fondant cake made by My Diva Desserts.
I paid a whopping $3 for the cake stand. I wish I had a "before" pic of it...it was a yucky brown and yellow. A little bit of milk paint worked beautifully, with golden legs.
My motto forever will be: "you can get it cheaper!" and "Use what you have!"
No need to pay someone crazy money for something you can certainly do!


My right hand for the party planning, beautiful Lauren...this girl is genuine sweetness, as is her little 
Prince Judah.  The wooden signs were made with leftover scrap wood and vinyl lettering using 
the Cricut.


{Know which way to go! xoxo, Nei}




1 comment:

curtis03 Lewis said...

Quite informative post on your tea party. Last month, I arranged my cousin’s bridal shower party at one of graceful wedding venues NYC. Invited all her friends for this party and they had an excellent time at party. It was a grand one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...