Please enable javascript, or click here to visit Painted Foxonline store. View Painted Fox

1/3/16

Ringing in the New Year, in a Magical Way!

New Year's eve is always extra exciting and special to us since it's my youngest daughter's birthday.  This year, we celebrated her 21st birthday...still trying to let that sink in. I'm amazed at how quickly the years have passed...

I decorated for Chrissy's New Year's Eve Disneyland-Paris-Style bash and everything turned out perfectly! The cake was made by a sweet friend, Elena Franqui, owner of Cuppy Cakes.  She's one of the most talented people i know.




I had this wire dress form from a previous event; I made the little "Minnie" skirt and tied a pretty satin sash around the waist. Well, hello, you gorgeous centerpiece, you.

Strawberries dipped in red chocolate with white polka dots...of course!

My Disney tablescape...lamp posts and little golden Eiffel Towers for a subtle representation of Disneyland Paris.

My birthday girl...




The amazing, magical cake. Perfection. 
The cake stand is an old wooden box I found at an antique shop. I finished it off with gold paint.
The mirrors I used for the cake pops are approximately 20 years old; 
I'm so glad I kept them in my stash!
Presentation is everything...as are details.



You can't have a New Year's Eve party without some sparkle...


The favors I made were little golden boxes with white chocolate-covered pretzels.


I'm super happy about how my cake pops turned out; these were not easy for me to make since it was my very first attempt. Hats off to all you amazing baking artists out there!


The Mickey silhouettes were made from edible fondant.











My two beauties...


Enzo, all dressed up for the occasion.


{Happy New Year! Joy, Health, Prosperity to you all! xoxo, Nei}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...